Frequently Asked Questions
Here you’ll find answers to the questions we receive most often. Select your question to view the answer.
Does JOHNSON'S® Baby test on animals?
- We can assure all consumers that JOHNSON'S® Baby does not test on animals.
- Some consumers may be getting us confused with S.C. Johnson, with whom we are not affiliated.
- Answer such as:
- “We share your concerns regarding animal testing. At Johnson’s Baby, we do NOT test on animals. Nor do our other personal care and cosmetic brands. When it comes to the development of medicines, medical devices and other regulated health products, where animal use is often required by governing bodies such as the Food and Drug Administration, Johnson & Johnson’s policies reflect the highest animal welfare standards and meet or exceed all applicable local and national laws and regulations. To learn more about our policies, visit our website: http://goo.gl/9OBw7b.”
- Consider whether these posts should just be deleted -- many of the links, applications, or articles contain false, misleading, or outdated information about JOHNSON'S® Baby products.
- Only JOHNSON'S® Baby offers products that meet 5 level safety standards, follow standardized nursing care guidelines for infants, and are specifically formulated and clinically tested to meet the unique and special needs for growing babies.
- Be reassured that our products are safe for babies.
- We always want to remain committed to moms, which is why we have recently reformulated our products to be hypoallergenic, phthalate and paraben-free.
- Use this response: Hi XX - Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We promise that our products are safe, and want to let you know that the many of the ingredients listed on EWGs skin deep site are outdated and no longer correct. For example, our HEAD-TO-TOE® Wash no longer contains quaternium 15. Please know that we are working with EWG to get this updated as fast possible!
Back to top
Bedtime Routine associated with our JOHNSON’S® BEDTIME® products
- The study for this 3-step routine was done partnered with a leading pediatric sleep expert
- We analyzed the sleep habits of over 80,000 babies to make it
- 90% of the research the industry relies on was pioneered by Johnson’s Baby.
Cry it Out (CIO) Method
- Some moms may get heated over this subject -- some are in strong favor and some are completely against it.
- It is important to foster a positive conversation around these comments.
- Encourage moms to lift one another up and support one another. It can be tough being a new mommy, but it is a great to heed advice from moms all over to see what routines or methods work the best for them and their baby.
- There really isn’t any conclusive research about any sleep method – cry it out or otherwise – and the AAP & AWHONN really recommend establishing a routine for baby, and routines can vary greatly.
JOHNSON’S® Baby Language
For Non-Reformulated Products i.e. JOHNSON’S® Baby BEDTIME®
- JOHNSON'S® Baby meets and exceeds all industry safety standards
- We work with leading experts such as dermatologists, pediatricians, and nurses to make sure that our products are pure and mild enough to use on sensitive, delicate skin
- If they mention products such as JOHNSON’S® Baby BEDTIME® containing parabens, sulfates, mention reformulated products.
Helpful phrases and words:
- Gentle, pure, and safe
- Mommy (and baby!) approved.
- We will always remain committed to moms
- We have heard moms loud and clear
- We have recently reformulated our products to be hypoallergenic, phthalate and paraben-free.
- Our new products can be found on store shelves now!
- We know being a mom comes with a lot of worries, which is why…
- Safety is always top of mind when making products for baby
- High quality
- Help make bath time better
- Keeping our promise to moms
- All of the same JOHNSON'S® love in our products
- We can assure you that our products are completely safe for both mommy and baby
- High quality, safe products that bring joy and make bathtime and bedtime better.