A Few Items To Have in Your Home
Based on content from Johnson & Johnson's Baby Care Basics: Practical Tips for Parents-to-Be.
Outfitting Your Baby
If you listened to everyone's advice, you'd have a never-ending list of necessities for your baby. But really, your baby is going to need your unending love, and a few basics. You'll find it helpful to have these supplies (and one or two cute outfits that you can't resist!) on hand before your baby comes home:
- Diapers (newborn size) - get a few packages.
- One-piece suits.
- Blanket sleeper.
- >Stretchy suits.
What to Get for the Medicine Cabinet
While you're out shopping for baby supplies, pick up a few items that you'll need for baby's medicine cabinet. Here's a list of the essentials:
- Thermometer (digital).
- Nonaspirin liquid pain reliever.
- Gas-relieving drops.
- Nasal aspirator bulb syringe for removing mucus from a stuffy nose.
- Safety manicure scissors.
- Sterilized cotton balls, or cotton squares or rounds, such as JOHNSON'S® Pure Cotton Rounds.
- JOHNSON'S® Safety Swabs.
It's important to keep your baby clean and to keep your baby's skin healthy and moisturized. Here are a few of the essentials to have in your home:
- Ultra-mild baby wash, such as JOHNSON'S® HEAD-TO-TOE® Baby Wash.
- Baby wipes.
- Diaper ointment with zinc oxide such as DESITIN® Maximum Strength Original Paste or DESITIN® Rapid Relief Cream.
- Baby moisturizer such as JOHNSON'S® Baby Lotion or JOHNSON'S® Baby Oil.
- JOHNSON'S® Baby Shampoo.